About my Blog

But I must explain to you how all this mistaken idea of denouncing pleasure and praising pain was born and I will give you a complete account of the system, and expound the actual teachings of the great explorer of the truth, the master-builder of human happiness. No one rejects, dislikes, or avoids pleasure itself, because it is pleasure, but because those who do not know how to pursue pleasure rationally encounter consequences that are extremely painful. Nor again is there anyone who loves or pursues or desires to obtain pain

Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Shrinking Update

Sisterhood of the Shrinking Jeans

Well, it’s not what I’d hoped for… but it’s still a loss. I am DOWN ONE POUND from last week!

I have to admit, I was a little discouraged at first. But then I talked with my Cherished Canadian Confidante, and she offered these words of encouragement:

Susanne says:

I am down one pound. A little disappointed.

was hoping for at least two.

Tammi says:

But you obviously had some victories!!!

And you started this study while at your parents' house, so that was not your 'normal' anyway.

Susanne says:

Yes. Counting today, I have exercised 4 times already this week. (Starting Sunday).

This is true. I've only really been "serious" for the last 4 days.

Tammi says:

There you go. So maybe you need to think of it that you've lost a pound in 4 days, rather than 10.

That's right away a much better rate!!

Thanks Friend!! I needed that perspective!!

I have had some victories this week. In addition to four straight days of exercise, I have met my water goals (8 – 8oz glasses each day) every day, and am staying away from sweets and other fatty foods. I have managed to stay ON PLAN (see sidebar) so far this week, and THAT in and of itself is a huge VICTORY for me!

So what are my goals for this week?

To continue on with the eating plan, and complete my first week of exercise training. The plan is to walk (at least two miles, either out doors or via Leslie Sansone DVD) on M/W/F and do Pilates on T/Th.

So far, so good.

I’ll close with a scripture that my Mom sent last week in an email:

Be strong and courageous, and do the work. Don’t be afraid or discouraged, for the Lord God is with you. He will not fail you or forsake you. He will see to it that all the work is finished correctly - 1 Chronicles 28:20

I’m believing for GREAT THINGS next week!!

6 comments:

tammi said...

YES ~ for BOTH of us!! Woo-hoo!!!!!!

Brooke said...

congrats on the weight loss! :) might not be as much as you like but you're headed in the right direction.

Mommy Mo said...

Any loss is a good loss- congrats!

And now you have a plan for next week. Plan your wok and work your plan.

You can do it!

lori said...

Look at YOU girls! This is great! Listen, I was out of the gate strong the last week of the old year...got 14 off and then NOTHIN! I'm aggravated, frustrated but even more DETERMINED....and God knows it! He knows where I've been and He's in for the long haul...

Love this....good for you guys!

lori

april said...

That pound is GONE, so this is great! Good job!

The Sisterhood of the Shrinking Jeans said...

I'm so glad you have such a wonderful friend in Tammi. It really does make a huge difference to have someone else's perspective sometimes.

Congrats on your loss and good luck this week :)