About my Blog

But I must explain to you how all this mistaken idea of denouncing pleasure and praising pain was born and I will give you a complete account of the system, and expound the actual teachings of the great explorer of the truth, the master-builder of human happiness. No one rejects, dislikes, or avoids pleasure itself, because it is pleasure, but because those who do not know how to pursue pleasure rationally encounter consequences that are extremely painful. Nor again is there anyone who loves or pursues or desires to obtain pain

Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Weigh-In Wednesday ~ Tammi

Sisterhood of the Shrinking JeansI had a GREAT week!! This is the first week in a LONG time where I'm back at the point again where I actually kind of LIKE having a growling stomach. You know why?

Because it means I'm in control!! It means I'm not just impulsively stuffing my mouth, I'm not eating because I'm bored, lonely, depressed, or celebrating; I'm choosing to eat only when I'm actually hungry! (haha, now watch me TOTALLY mess up next week, now that I've said that!)

And I'm so pleased to be able to report that I'm right back where I was two weeks ago. That's right, after having to report a gain of 3.6# last week (eeek), I can report a LOSS OF 3.6 today!!!! Woo-hoo!!!

I'm sure I lost most of it last night. Man, I tell ya, if you want a workout ~ and I mean a workout like you've never had before if all you do is running, spinning, and the odd aerobics class as a rule ~ grab the nearest 5-yr old, follow them to school, and run around in the gym with them for an hour, playing their games the way THEY play them!!! Oh. My. Goodness. I almost DIED last night at my youngest's "family gym night" event!!

Two years ago, when my oldest was in kindergarten, I managed to LOOK like I was participating without actually doing much. This year, I determined I'd get right in there. (mostly because hubby wasn't along this time, and I couldn't rely on his enthusiasm for play to overshadow my laziness!) Due to the running I've been doing over the last few months, I could easily have handled playing the various games of tag for the full hour. No problems there. I wasn't even breathing as hard as many of the kids! (woo-hoo! SCORE for me!)

BUT....

Towards the end of the hour, we played this stop-start-crawllikecrazy-then-get-up-and-run-again relay race-type game that seriously almost made me pass out. I felt very green for a few minutes and had to sit down against the cold concrete wall. That was some incredibly intense interval training!

But what a great feeling to survive it!! When we got home, the girls had a piece of dessert before bed because they claimed they were both starving, and while I was very tempted to have one as well (and I'd TOTALLY earned it!), I waited until they were in bed and then I had a pear. That's it! Just a pear. And some unsweeted green tea.

I haven't felt that satisfied with the choices I've made in a very long time.







9 comments:

Mendie said...

Great job Tammi! what proof that you are doing what you should be! Keep it up.

Karena said...

That's a great story! Thanks for the motivational lift -- if you can keep up with a group of five year old's then I'd say you are awesome!

Becca Sanborn said...

Great job! Some of the last week's gain was probably water weight as well.

Brooke said...

you rock!! :) because you know what you deserve more than dessert? that satisfied feeling knowing that you're taking care of yourself the way you ought to be!! :)

Unknown said...

Good for you!!! There's nothing more satisfying than being able to keep up with our short people! Awesome job!

The Sisterhood of the Shrinking Jeans said...

Tammi, that's AWESOME!!! Way to go! I know it feels so great for you to have such an awesome loss, too! It's been a long time coming, girl!

Sounds like the family gym night was a blast! I ran with my son yesterday and he kept asking me when we were going to run fast!!

Have a great week :)

Tammy said...

Woohoo!! On both the great week, and the great weight loss - way to go!

Tiffany said...

Great job! Keep up the great work and have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

Andrea said...

Yay!! Not to downplay your hard work this week, but sometimes when the scale fluctuates so high, it's not just a sign of us over-eating or under-excercising -- but just normal fluctuation. It's still discouraging to see of course, but it's not the end of the world. As you have shown this week.

KA-BOOM!! Well done!