About my Blog

But I must explain to you how all this mistaken idea of denouncing pleasure and praising pain was born and I will give you a complete account of the system, and expound the actual teachings of the great explorer of the truth, the master-builder of human happiness. No one rejects, dislikes, or avoids pleasure itself, because it is pleasure, but because those who do not know how to pursue pleasure rationally encounter consequences that are extremely painful. Nor again is there anyone who loves or pursues or desires to obtain pain

Monday, November 9, 2009

Here We Go!!!

I'm back!! ;-)

It's been a while since I've posted... too long, actually. I am reporting in today at my HIGHEST weight EVER. Yet, I am not depressed, nor discouraged. I am on a journey... a pilgrimage... and the only way to get there is ONE STEP at a time.

Today I am focusing on the lies that I have believed about myself:
  • You're not good enough.
  • You can't do it.
  • You don't deserve it.
  • You'll never make it.
  • Your doomed to be this way.
  • You're such a disappointment.
  • You'll always be that girl with "such a pretty face"... but the rest of you will never amount to anything.
Lies! Lies! Lies!!!
He (the devil) was a murderer from the beginning, not holding to the truth, for there is no truth in him. When he lies, he speaks his native language, for he is a liar and the father of lies. - John 8:44

The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full. - John 10:10
It's time to look up from my mess... quit focusing on the negative... STOP BELIEVING the lies and cast my eyes upon the hills:

I lift up my eyes to the hills—
where does my help come from?

My help comes from the LORD,
the Maker of heaven and earth.

He will not let your foot slip—
he who watches over you will not slumber;

indeed, he who watches over Israel
will neither slumber nor sleep.

(Psalm 121:1-4)
You know... in a way he's right. The devil, I mean... maybe that's why his lies are so believable.

I can't do this. Not on my own. Not in my own strength. But "with God, all things are possible"... and "I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength".

It's a NEW day!!!

Because of the LORD's great love we are not consumed,
for his compassions never fail.

They are new every morning;
great is your faithfulness.

(Lamentations 3:22-23)


Thank you JESUS!!! You are my STRENGTH, my SHIELD, my PORTION, my ROCK, my REDEEMER, my DELIVERER, and my FORTRESS... I will not be moved!!

So today, I will believe:

  • I CAN do this.
  • I WILL do this.
  • I AM worthy of success.
  • God IS who he says he is.
  • God CAN DO what he says he will do.
  • I AM who God says I am.
  • I can do ALL THINGS through Christ who strengthens me.
No longer will I believe the lies of Satan. No longer will his traps ensnare me. My Redeemer comes in power to rescue me... and I am BELIEVING GOD for victory!!

3 comments:

Brooke said...

i love that song "the voice of truth" most because i let the lies get in my head way too much.

If the God of this universe loves you so much to send His Son to be tortured and die for our sins - who are we to question our worth??

tammi said...

Woo-hoo!!! Glad to have you back, girlfrien'!

Mendie said...

Congrats on starting a new day...keep your head up and focus on feeling the good that you deserve!