About my Blog

But I must explain to you how all this mistaken idea of denouncing pleasure and praising pain was born and I will give you a complete account of the system, and expound the actual teachings of the great explorer of the truth, the master-builder of human happiness. No one rejects, dislikes, or avoids pleasure itself, because it is pleasure, but because those who do not know how to pursue pleasure rationally encounter consequences that are extremely painful. Nor again is there anyone who loves or pursues or desires to obtain pain

Friday, January 10, 2014

A Hard Day

Fasting is hard.

Not in the same way half days are, but more in the stomach-growling way.  And a "don't mess with me ~ mama's starving" life-threatening kind of way towards suppertime.

Cooking supper is tough, but the smell of baking bread is killer.  I really need to plan my bread-baking days more wisely!

I almost caved after my walk this afternoon.  But then I told myself that I've done this before and I can do it again.  So suck it up, Buttercup.

Fasting IS hard.  But teaching my stomach that I can live with less ~ and even more importantly, teaching my mind that I can be content without indulging every desire and appetite ~ is really the goal here.  That's so much more important than just seeing the numbers change on the scale.

(although let's face it, that's the most satisfying way of knowing I'm on the right track!)

I find it's tougher to fast when I'm not alone at home.  Today hubby was around all day, so I can't just do whatever I want whenever I want.  That's why I went for a walk at 12:30 instead of right after the girls get on the school bus.  That way he could eat without feeling guilty and I didn't have to see and smell it.

I also find it tougher to fast when I'm working, which I find weird because it's obviously easier to stay away from food.  Not bringing any with me pretty much fixes that!  But mentally I find it harder.  I believe it's a bit of a monotony-buster at work.  I only work seasonally around tax time at a local accounting firm, but that's right around the corner, so I will need to come up with a strategy of sorts to fight through the fasting days I'll be spending there.

I'm just thankful that fasting is easier than figuring out what "half" is...

...because there are more fasting days than half days in this eating plan.

1 comments:

Tammy said...

Good for you for recommitting to this plan. You can do it!