About my Blog

But I must explain to you how all this mistaken idea of denouncing pleasure and praising pain was born and I will give you a complete account of the system, and expound the actual teachings of the great explorer of the truth, the master-builder of human happiness. No one rejects, dislikes, or avoids pleasure itself, because it is pleasure, but because those who do not know how to pursue pleasure rationally encounter consequences that are extremely painful. Nor again is there anyone who loves or pursues or desires to obtain pain

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

May MY Weigh-In Wednesday

May YOUR Way Challenge @ The Sisterhood of the Shrinking JeansUgh, I totally TANKED this week.

Wednesday and Thursday were okay, and Friday during the day, too, but then our weekend company arrived for suppertime and that was the end of all restraint and, dare I say it... moderation.  {groan}

My brother-in-law and his family came, as well as another single sister-in-law, and we had a WONDERFUL time together. I used paper plates and plastic cups all weekend, so I spent minimal time in my kitchen time, and I'd asked the two ladies to bring the snacks for the weekend and they REALLY came through!!

We spent our weekend eating,

sitting around outside, enjoying the first summer-like weather we've had this year,

snacking,

eating again,

followed by more sitting around,

a little sunburnin',

and then more snacking.

You get the idea.

I had an awesome weekend... but I'm up 2.2 lbs.

Which means I'm heavier than when we started this challenge at the beginning of the month.

::sigh::

I've got my work cut out for me.

Kicking Dirt 

9 comments:

Brooke said...

having company is always hard. especially in cultures (like mine & it sounds like yours) where so many social gatherings revolve around food.

AnnG said...

I agree with Brooke. Having company and trying to eat right is always difficult but now that they have left get yourself moving again and eating those good for you healthy foods and those 2 pounds will come off! you can do this - just Breathe!!

Tiffany said...

Don't be too hard on yourself... Your key phrase was "We had a great weekend!"... There are going to be "great weekends" on your journey and the bigger challenge comes not in depriving yourself when they come, but in getting back on track right away and not wasting emotional energy beating yourself up.

You know what you need to do, and I am certain that this week will bring great things and that you will be back on track in no time!

Anonymous said...

Great weekend with family always trumps everything else we do! Jump back on the bandwagon and start again. I have fallen off so many times and still struggle with balance! You can do it!!!

Anonymous said...

Time with family is so important, so you shouldn't feel bad about enjoyng yourself. Just jump back in this week, you can do it!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a marvelous weekend. I'm not going to say the gain is worth it but you can't just can't beat a good time with family.

FiddlersBride said...

You will have those pounds off in no time! Small potatoes in the grand scheme of things. A new week starts now and I know you will make it a great one!

Trish said...

I have to echo the above comment. Next week will be awesome! I am glad you had a great weekend, sometimes we just need those and let loose. :)

Mesha said...

you can turn it around girl. :)