About my Blog

But I must explain to you how all this mistaken idea of denouncing pleasure and praising pain was born and I will give you a complete account of the system, and expound the actual teachings of the great explorer of the truth, the master-builder of human happiness. No one rejects, dislikes, or avoids pleasure itself, because it is pleasure, but because those who do not know how to pursue pleasure rationally encounter consequences that are extremely painful. Nor again is there anyone who loves or pursues or desires to obtain pain

Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Weigh-in Wednesday ~ tammi

Sisterhood of the Shrinking JeansI'm happy with the direction, but not so much the progress.

I'm down, but only 0.8 ~ a little off the 2.2 goal I set for myself last week...

I was did pretty well at mealtimes this week and got in a two-mile walk an amazing 6 out of 7 days, but I know there were more desserts than necessary. And not enough stomach-growling. I curbed snacking relatively well, too, but hubby was home all week, so the fasting efforts were completely abandoned. (his presence at home also explains the availability of desserts!)

I MUST kick it up a notch! (or three) I'm still 5.2 lbs away from my challenge goal, but that's still very doable as long as I take it very seriously.

So the plans for for this week is:
  • no desserts, under ANY circumstances
  • fruit/veggie snacks ONLY
  • two successful fasting days
  • at least three 2-mile walks and three days doing the 100pushup/200situp/200squat challenge (details at the bottom of the sidebar)

I need a big loss this next week because after that will the "the week of the arrival of that time of the month," and we all know how THAT works for weight loss.

7 comments:

Mendie said...

Great job on the loss....that's almost a pound! Good luck resisting the desserts...maybe think of a yummy fruit concoction you can create to mimic a dessert!

Brooke said...

sorry. i suck as a motivational partner.

dessert and a loss in the same week? sounds like a win in my book!

Unknown said...

seriously, Tammi! Losing and eating dessert in the same week is a GOOD thing!

You are beating yourself up too much.

Laura P said...

Congrats on your weight loss this week. Best of luck on your goals this week. Don't beat yourself up too much though if you do have dessert one or two nights. Maybe pick up some sugar free jello puddings which are only 60 calories each.

Mommy Mo said...

Tammi, you still lost though and that is impressive. Maybe it wasn't as much as you would have liked, but you did lose. I like your goals. Print them out and post on the fridge.

Lisa @ Shrinking Jeans

Anonymous said...

Don't beat yourself up...a loss is a loss! Great Job!

*Lissa* said...

Well, personally, I think you are doing GREAT!! Keep it up, girl!