About my Blog

But I must explain to you how all this mistaken idea of denouncing pleasure and praising pain was born and I will give you a complete account of the system, and expound the actual teachings of the great explorer of the truth, the master-builder of human happiness. No one rejects, dislikes, or avoids pleasure itself, because it is pleasure, but because those who do not know how to pursue pleasure rationally encounter consequences that are extremely painful. Nor again is there anyone who loves or pursues or desires to obtain pain

Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Spring Fling FINAL Weigh-in

I suck. I did SO incredibly horribly this challenge.

I'm up another 1.4 lbs.

Which means, over the course of this 8-week challenge, I've GAINED 3.8 lbs.

Sorry, A-Team. We all seemed to lose enthusiasm as the weeks went on, and I take responsibility for not being more encouraging and uplifting. It seems like most of us have been in a funk over the last several weeks, and now WE'RE "da fools" that boasted supremacy in the beginning! Dang it, I hate failing like this, but...

...What do all ya'll do when you find you just don't care anymore?

Pouty

7 comments:

Brooke said...

i'm sorry :( mostly i look in the mirror and tell myself how disgustingly fat i am and how i need to get my butt in gear. not a trained pyschologist, but i doubt that's the most healthy way about it.

Barb said...

It's so hard to keep up enthusiasm over the long term - that's why "diets" don't work, and you need to look at it as a lifestyle change.

Sadly, I don't have any magic words to help, just that I was there last summer, and just kept my eye on the Sisterhood until I finally felt like I could do this again.

Andrea said...

What do I do when I find I just don't care anymore?

I tell myself that not caring is just NOT an option. I remind myself of how hard I worked to get to this point, and having the numbers on the scale start creeping up again (no matter how slowly) is just not an option.

I remind myself that I *knew* this was going to be a LIFEstyle change -- which means working at it for LIFE. And then I remember the promises that I made to myself.

And then suddenly I start to care again.

Tiffany said...

Don't be too hard on yourself... Sometimes it just goes in stages. This is the first challenge that I have been "on" and things have really started to click for me, but previously I felt the same things you write about. Hang in there. Just remember that you are worth the best for yourself - You are worth good health and looking in the mirror and being proud of what you see!

B. said...

What would you say to a friend if she told you this? You would not say hwo horrible she is!! Give yourself some love girl! Tell yourself.... this was not the right time to start. God may have something else for me during this time. Another time will be better. I will do better next month. My mind will be more focused. It is impossible to lose when you are sick! Be a friend to yourself!!!

Five Moms & A Blog said...

I have a friend who once said to me "I am the only person I know who can gain weight while fasting."

You will get your mojo back! Sometimes it just takes that accountability.

I have just joined a new blog and we're all doing The Shred together and posting how each day goes, and I am hoping that this will keep me motivated.

When you know someone is motivated to lose weight, after they've lost the 20 pounds, or whatever, you realize that you could have lost it too, if you had stayed motivated and worked out with them. So I'm trying! Hang in there, you can do this!

~ Nan

More than Survival said...

My weight fluctuates up to 5 pounds DAILY!! I have a weight RANGE. Don't be so hard on yourself.... Also, if you are eating healthy and getting exercise your body might just be at the weight it is supposed to be at. How is your BMI?? Our expectations sometimes get a little strict.... If you are living a healthy lifestyle EMBRACE your body size! We can NEVER live up to the perfection we think we need to be at..... Trust me, I am preaching to ME! :) Also, If you have been really working out a lot then you probably gained muscle weight.... I have been exercising a lot more this spring (between working outside and my new exercise DVD's) and my size has gone down but my weight range has only gone down slightly.... but I feel stronger and have so much more muscle tone.
Be encouraged! Live healthy and ENJOY life!!! Don't wait to live life to the fullest once you reach a certain weight or size....
Heather