About my Blog

But I must explain to you how all this mistaken idea of denouncing pleasure and praising pain was born and I will give you a complete account of the system, and expound the actual teachings of the great explorer of the truth, the master-builder of human happiness. No one rejects, dislikes, or avoids pleasure itself, because it is pleasure, but because those who do not know how to pursue pleasure rationally encounter consequences that are extremely painful. Nor again is there anyone who loves or pursues or desires to obtain pain

Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Weigh-in Wednesday ~ SDoS wk 1

Sisterhood of the Shrinking JeansWell, there was a surprise waiting for me on the bathroom scale this morning! A GOOD surprise, for once!!

I think I only exercised once ~ a 2-mile walk on Saturday evening.

And I had at least 3 days were I didn't and/or couldn't stick to my eating plan this week ~ which, considering it was my first week back ON the plan, isn't a great start!! I COMPLETELY abandoned the plan on Friday and Saturday due to an unforeseen, 2-day solo trip to a city 7 hours away for a funeral.

This trip ended up including a 41st anniversary dinner with my parents at The Keg. After the pre-entrée salad and hunk of bread, I REALLY didn't need a gigantic, stuffed, baked potato and half-cow grilled to perfection...

But I ate most of both anyway.

I ALSO didn't need any dessert.

But dad was goin' a little crazy on his anniversary, and who was I to refuse? That would have been a horrible affront ~ their one and only child refusing to join the celebration!!

Photo from Shermans Food AdventuresFortunately, he ordered three spoons and only one piece of Billy Miner Pie. OH. MY. GOODNESS!

And I'm not even an ice cream-lover!

Anyway, now where was I....?

Oh yes, the surprise:

I'm DOWN 2.4 POUNDS!!!

I can only imagine how much better I'd have done if I'd stuck to the plan!!

And without last night's bingeing...

Fat Woman 3

11 comments:

Unknown said...

Yay!!! Great loss!

Hopefully we can both maintain our momentum!

Unknown said...

oh yeah, and Billy Miner Pie is the bomb-diggity. (I actually prefer the mile-high peanut butter mud pie at another local restaurant, but let's not go there...mmmkay?)

Unknown said...

mouth watering for that pie!!!! yummmmmmmmmo

WTG on the loss!! love those happy surprises!!! :)

Andrea said...

All that and you STILL had a huge loss? No kidding, nice surprise!! Way to go, it's a good feeling to kick off a new plan in such a positive way!!

Unknown said...

Congratulations on the weight loss. I can't wait to see what happens when you really try to lose weight!

Stillmary said...

You go! 2.4 lbs is so awesome especially with all the challenges you encountered! Congratulations!

Mendie said...

wow...that looks really good! great job on the loss...you are back on track...keep it going!!!

Misty said...

Wow thats one huge piece of pie! Congrats on the loss!

Tammy said...

The Keg!!!!! Totally my downfall. I LOVE that restaurant. The bread!!! The sweet potato fries!!! The teriyaki steak!!!

Ahem.

Isn't it amazing how having a plan helps so much?! Can't wait to hear next weeks' report after following it more consistently!

april said...

Congrats! Good luck this week!

Tiffany said...

Excellent job! Way to go on the great loss - now it would be wild to see what happens when you stick to your plan! I can't wait to see!